We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wink The LotRO Forum Drinking Game

Note: As a responsible adult, player, and forum poster, I would like to remind people that this thread does NOT condone the abuse of alcohol. Drink something else.

This was something I'd created (with the help of several contributors) over on the City of Heroes forums, and while we're waiting for the game to come back online (LotRO, not COH), I figured I'd post this as something to pass the time. I'm also figuring that my rep is probably going to plummet after this, but oh well.

Suggestions are welcome for adding to the list! (I might need a bit of explanation on the more obscure ones, but what the hey...)

Every time someone does one of the following, take a drink:
    1. Uses the term "slap in the face" with regard to the game itself or the devs
    2. Quotes their veteran status as supporting evidence of being right ("I've been playing since...")
    3. Uses the term 'tankmage'
    4. Quotes a lengthy post in its entirety only to then say "signed", "QFT", "me too", LOL, etc., or responds with anything less than a complete sentence.
      **Take one drink per picture if all they're quoting is images
    5. Asserts that "the majority of players" or "the entire playerbase" agrees with their position
    6. Ends any single line post with an emoticon.
    7. Demands a response from the devs
      **Take a second drink if they demand compensation
      **Take a third drink if the total value of said compensation could actually be calculated as less than fifty cents
    8. Criticizes anything in the game while stating that they have in fact never done it
      **Take a second drink if they do that in the same post as the initial criticism
    9. Insists that they are allowed freedom of speech on a privately owned forum
    10. Doesn't actually ragequit before posting about it
      **Take an additional drink each time they continue to post in said ragequit thread
      **Take an additional drink for each "can I have your stuff" post in said ragequit thread
      **Everyone in the thread drinks if a community moderator posts "can I have your stuff" in said ragequit thread
    11. Grouses about PvP
    12. Complains about an archetype that is 'unplayable', 'unbalanced', 'overpowered,' 'underpowered', 'nerfed', or other indication that the devs can't do math when calculating powersets
      **Take a second drink when someone with mathematical ability proves the poster wrong
    13. Posts about how a particular update has "ruined the game"
    14. Invokes Hitler, fascism, elitism, etc.
    15. Posts "suggestions" (read: demands) in a section other than "Suggestions"
      **Drink a second time if someone subsequently posts a list with links to all other threads on the same topic
      **Drink a third time if any or all of the other threads were started by the same person
    16. Posts complaining that an event is deliberately being scheduled to inconvenience/exclude them
      **Take another drink for complaints that a contest excludes them despite legalities over which the mods have no control
    17. Asks for a name purge
      **Insists the reason for the purge is "there are no good names left"
    18. Publicly complains about being reprimanded in some form (banned, suspended, generic'd, whatever)
      **Take another drink if they name the individual who reprimanded them
    19. Posts "IMHO". Because there is usually none of the "H" part in any of it.
    20. Insists that "F2P ruined the game"
    21. Complains about criticals in crafting
    22. Insists that leveling is too slow/too fast
      **Take two drinks if both assertions are made in the same thread
    23. Posts that s/he is a programmer/business owner/MMORPG creator and as such knows how Turbine SHOULD be doing things
      **Take a second drink if the spelling is abysmal in said post
    24. Complains they can never find a team
      **Take a second drink if the claim "no one plays this game anymore" comes up in the same thread
    25. Starts a thread asking why they can't log in during an official downtime period
      **Take a second drink if there are at least 10 threads and/or official announcements on the forums already about said downtime.
    26. Asks during any kind of downtime what changes are being made after Sapience's 14th post saying that no changes are being made to the game.
    27. Uses the word "game-breaking"
    28. Refers to how much better things were under Codemasters
    29. Uses the phrase "It's only a game"
    Last edited by Nasami; Feb 16 2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Contributions by other posters

Quote Originally Posted by Nasami View Post
    Note: As a responsible adult, player, and forum poster, I would like to remind people that this thread does NOT condone the abuse of alcohol. Drink something else.

This was something I'd created (with the help of several contributors) over on the City of Heroes forums, and while we're waiting for the game to come back online (LotRO, not COH), I figured I'd post this as something to pass the time. I'm also figuring that my rep is probably going to plummet after this, but oh well.

Suggestions are welcome for adding to the list! (I might need a bit of explanation on the more obscure ones, but what the hey...)

Every time someone does one of the following, take a drink:
    1. Uses the term "slap in the face" with regard to the game itself or the devs
    2. Quotes their veteran status as supporting evidence of being right ("I've been playing since...")
    3. Uses the term 'tankmage'
    4. Quotes a lengthy post in its entirety only to then say "signed", "QFT", "me too", LOL, etc., or responds with anything less than a complete sentence.
      **Take one drink per picture if all they're quoting is images
    5. Asserts that "the majority of players" or "the entire playerbase" agrees with their position
    6. Ends any single line post with an emoticon.
    7. Demands a response from the devs
      **Take a second drink if they demand compensation
      **Take a third drink if the total value of said compensation could actually be calculated as less than fifty cents
    8. Criticizes anything in the game while stating that they have in fact never done it
      **Take a second drink if they do that in the same post as the initial criticism
    9. Asks "is this character a copyright violation?" or "Is this offensive?"
    10. Insists that they are allowed freedom of speech on a privately owned forum
    11. Doesn't actually ragequit before posting about it
      **Take an additional drink each time they continue to post in said ragequit thread
      **Take an additional drink for each "can I have your stuff" post in said ragequit thread
      **Everyone in the thread drinks if a community moderator posts "can I have your stuff" in said ragequit thread
    12. Grouses about PvP
    13. Complains about an archetype that is 'unplayable', 'unbalanced', 'overpowered,' 'underpowered', 'nerfed', or other indication that the devs can't do math when calculating powersets
      **Take a second drink when someone with mathematical ability proves the poster wrong
    14. Posts about how a particular update has "ruined the game"
    15. Invokes Hitler, fascism, elitism, etc.
    16. Posts "suggestions" (read: demands) in a section other than "Suggestions"
      **Drink a second time if someone subsequently posts a list with links to all other threads on the same topic
      **Drink a third time if any or all of the other threads were started by the same person
    17. Posts complaining that an event is deliberately being scheduled to inconvenience/exclude them
      **Take another drink for complaints that a contest excludes them despite legalities over which the mods have no control
    18. Asks for a name purge
      **Insists the reason for the purge is "there are no good names left"
    19. Publicly complains about being reprimanded in some form (banned, suspended, generic'd, whatever)
      **Take another drink if they name the individual who reprimanded them
    Good (hic) p
    o
    s
    t

Umm, we would all be way intoxicated to play after reading 10 posts! (Not threads, posts!)

QFT and LOL!

That's about 3 drinks right there.

+1 for you, that was fun to read.

Maybe also:

**Take one drink for every locked thread.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane View Post
    Maybe also:

**Take one drink for every locked thread.
    How often do threads get locked on here? I know over on the COH forums, locking was usually for necro threads, while the truly moronic/inflammatory/blatantly problematic threads were just outright deleted.

*HIC*

I'll drink to that!!

Add to the list any post that contains "IMHO". Because there is usually none of the "H" part in any of it.

How often do threads get locked on here? I know over on the COH forums, locking was usually for necro threads, while the truly moronic/inflammatory/blatantly problematic threads were just outright deleted.
    Well there's certainly a bumper crop of locks right now, but it still happens often enough at normal times to keep one hydrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Vailien View Post
    I'll drink to that!!

Add to the list any post that contains "IMHO". Because there is usually none of the "H" part in any of it.
    Good one! Will modify the original list.

Um, excuse me, but this drinking game is a slap in the face, and I'm sure most players agree with me.

I've been playing for 3 years now, and in that time, I've never fully invoked my rights as a lotro player to so totally and completely disagree with everything you have said.

Frankly, I've never participated in a drinking game, but it breaks lore, hurts my feelings, offends me in many ways, and it totally makes my heals less effective, and I demand that the devs answer as to why a post like this makes my mini seem less OP. I believe I deserve about a bajillion EVERYTHINGS just to make up for having read this post. This post makes me more upset than branding in the moors, getting pounced by puppies, getting punted by a tyrant, and creeps being OP. I'm so upset, I think I'm going to ragequit - and it will feel sooooooooo good.

Just so you know, I feel this entire thread and the update causing the thread have completely ruined the game. We didn't have to put up with posts back when I started playing, or during beta. This thread was posted at the worst possible time, too, I mean, how can I keep up with it when it was posted so late? It was totally posted at that time to inconvenience my life, and I really think I should get a pony just to make up for that. Oh, and no, I'm neither a hobbit, nor a dwarf, I'm an elf mini,and have I mentioned how underpowered elves are lately? :'(

Oh, and by the way, I really think Minstrels need an even more improved song of aid.

*nodnod*

(If I was drinking alcohol and not tea, I would have just drank myself under the table. My work here is done. )

Quote Originally Posted by Batel View Post
    Um, excuse me, but this drinking game is a slap in the face, and I'm sure most players agree with me.

I've been playing for 3 years now, and in that time, I've never fully invoked my rights as a lotro player to so totally and completely disagree with everything you have said.

Frankly, I've never participated in a drinking game, but it breaks lore, hurts my feelings, offends me in many ways, and it totally makes my heals less effective, and I demand that the devs answer as to why a post like this makes my mini seem less OP. I believe I deserve about a bajillion EVERYTHINGS just to make up for having read this post. This post makes me more upset than branding in the moors, getting pounced by puppies, getting punted by a tyrant, and creeps being OP. I'm so upset, I think I'm going to ragequit - and it will feel sooooooooo good.

Just so you know, I feel this entire thread and the update causing the thread have completely ruined the game. We didn't have to put up with posts back when I started playing, or during beta. This thread was posted at the worst possible time, too, I mean, how can I keep up with it when it was posted so late? It was totally posted at that time to inconvenience my life, and I really think I should get a pony just to make up for that. Oh, and no, I'm neither a hobbit, nor a dwarf, I'm an elf mini,and have I mentioned how underpowered elves are lately? :'(

Oh, and by the way, I really think Minstrels need an even more improved song of aid.

*nodnod*

(If I was drinking alcohol and not tea, I would have just drank myself under the table. My work here is done. )
    Damn. That was impressive. Someone has actually created a post with the alcoholic value of a fifth of Everclear.

1. Posts "suggestions" (read: demands) in a section other than "Suggestions"

I'm certainly guilty of the bolded text.

You should add somethings about crafting criticals, leveling being too fast, leveling being too slow, and of, course programming abilities ("I've managed 37 server farms and 17 databases, so I know what they're doing wrong")....

I really should go to bed!

21. Create Forum game threads. :P

I think "Petition Threads" should get a nod in there somehwere, an extra drink under out of place suggestions perhaps, if not a acutally it's own category.

Perhaps "lore breaking" threads (how things are lore breaking), and new character class threads as well.

If I stick with juice, the original list even with out without these suggested addons would keep my vitamin c levels topped for a year at least.

Love the thread.

==Nec Hostium Timete, Nec Amicum Recusate==
    alts: Aymie, Wrd 61 | Willie, Hnt 28 | Io, Grd 55 | Leyta, Lm 44 | Sharise, Brg 38

Wow, glad I didn't see this thread last night.

I have to work this morning and I would have been both in pain and out of beer by now. Maybe tonight if we're still down ....

#9 does not really apply to LOTRO.

Perhaps you could replace it with 'F2P has ruined the game.'? Or will we all die of alcohol poisoning then?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000011ef5e/01006/signature.png]Kerowen[/charsig]
    [URL="http://[URL=%22http://my.lotro.com/hassan_the_assassin/2010/07/17/review-lotro-in-nvidia-3d/%22"][/URL][URL="http://my.lotro.com/hassan_the_assassin/2010/07/17/review-lotro-in-nvidia-3d/"]REVIEW: LOTRO in 3D[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Iktomi View Post
    I think "Petition Threads" should get a nod in there somehwere, an extra drink under out of place suggestions perhaps, if not a acutally it's own category.

Perhaps "lore breaking" threads (how things are lore breaking), and new character class threads as well.

If I stick with juice, the original list even with out without these suggested addons would keep my vitamin c levels topped for a year at least.

Love the thread.
    Also a very good suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassan_the_Assassin View Post
    #9 does not really apply to LOTRO.

Perhaps you could replace it with 'F2P has ruined the game.'? Or will we all die of alcohol poisoning then?
    Well, I'd already seen in-game, on the GLFF channel, people grousing about how they couldn't understand why such-and-such name wasn't allowed, when it was obviously rather obscene or offensive. But good point - the forums are a different venue. Will update the list accordingly!

A few suggested additions:

*During an official downtime period, starts a thread asking why they can't log in. An extra drink if there are at least 10 threads and/or official announcements on the forums already about said downtime.
    *Asks if the maintenance is bringing U10 after Sapience's 14th post saying that no changes are being made to the game.
    *Uses the word "game-breaking"
    *Refers to how much better things were under Codemasters
    *The phrase "It's only a game"

I'd make mention of flying mounts, open world PvP, and new class suggestions, but I don't think my liver could handle that.

edit: Have to add that this is definitely the winning thread of the downtime--nice job OP!
    Last edited by Whart; Feb 16 2013 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whart View Post
    A few suggested additions:

*During an official downtime period, starts a thread asking why they can't log in. An extra drink if there are at least 10 threads and/or official announcements on the forums already about said downtime.
    *Asks if the maintenance is bringing U10 after Sapience's 14th post saying that no changes are being made to the game.
    *Uses the word "game-breaking"
    *Refers to how much better things were under Codemasters
    *The phrase "It's only a game"

I'd make mention of flying mounts, open world PvP, and new class suggestions, but I don't think my liver could handle that.

edit: Have to add that this is definitely the winning thread of the downtime--nice job OP!
    Several good suggestions, and thank you!

At this point only population of Aglarond, Fornost, and Mirkwood would be left alive :S

Let's fix that problem:

#30 If you are logged out by forums during reading you have to start all over again.

Also: starts another thread asking "What happened to the lotteries? "
    Last edited by Ashrellion; Feb 16 2013 at 02:34 PM.
    You say "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" like it's a bad thing...

Can we get this stickied? I'm definitely playing the game next time the servers are down

Suggestion:
    * Someone complains about the hunter class in a thread about something completely else.

I have muddled my wits playing this game.

Thank you.

Also what about claiming that the game was best on the Wednesday morning three weeks before they released the Enedwaith update? (When everyone knows it was actually the previous Tuesday afternoon)
    Claims made in forums are larger than they appear in real life.

This is hard to say,

Quote Originally Posted by Batel View Post
    but I'm kind of disappointed that you didn't mention Hitler.
    Claims made in forums are larger than they appear in real life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast